Monday, December 7, 2020

Interview to Cat Destroyer (2020)

 INTERVIEW TO CAT DESTROYER

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
First say welcome to this written interview for Cian Orbe blog.This time we did an interview to the electronic experimental, noise, core genres composer Cat Destroyer from Nicaragua.

- What is the meaning of Cat Destroyer name?

The meaning is a proposal of make cute but at same time aggressive and destructive sounds, this is motivated by my cat, sometimes is destructive with my things.

- Do you release music only under Cat Destroyer name? do you have other active or past music projects or monikers?


Currently i release all my work only under Cat Destroyer name.

- Which are the concept behind your music, how you categorize your own work?  

The concept behind my music is the expression of feelings through music and noise, experiments, I always search a sound that sounds inspired in my feelings, motivations or inspirations in another artist. It is difficult to categorize my work as I do many things, from ambient music to extratone or harsh noise.

- Favorite music genres?

Drum and Bass, Speedcore, Extratone, Noise (and his variants), Trance, Techno, hardcore and many variants of electronic music, I am a pure listener hehe.


- Your cover artworks most of times are releated to Anime or Kawaii images? tell us about your fascination for the japanese culture and anime.

I watch anime since i have memory hehe, but in the last few years I have become fascinated with moe and slice of life anime, i really like the concept of cute girls, doing cute things, everyday situations or fantasy adventures and how carefree the characters are for the life, It makes me think that sometimes I would like to have a carefree and calm rhythm of life.

- In what year did you start making music? which was your first band/project?

 I started in this year, 2020 and Cat Destroyer is my first and only project.


- Which inspiration you have from the place where you live? There's some inspiration from your country in your music?

Actually, nothing.

- Which are your favorite music projects and visual artists, manga-ka, or animes who inspire your work?


My work is mainly inspired in another artists, I can mention artists like Neutral Moon, MonstDeath, Coakira, monoqlom, Himeko Katagiri, CDR, Jessica Walrus, Lord Cernunnos, but I listen to a lot of artists and I love many of them, they inspires me lot, but the mentioned artists are some of my favorites.


- How do you see the current Electronic / noise underground music scene?

I see the scene like something awesome, listening to the proposals of that scene is living proof that there is no limit in the creation of music, even if the expression of it is very strange or difficult to hear for those who enter to hear something of the scene for the first time, I listen underground music / noise since 2014 and I am proud of be part of this same scene.

- Favorite electronic / noise composers?

Coakira is my favorite composer, is awesome for me listen how the artist take styles like Digital Hardcore, Speedcore or Extratone and brings it to another level.

 

- Do you make live performances? do you have plans of make it in the future?

No and actually I don’t have plans of live performances in the future.

 
 - Which is your favorite song or composition and album created by yourself?

Is too hard to say because I love all my work equally, but maybe my favorite song worked is [Extreme Level begins] and my favorite album is without doubt [A World Of Sounds] my 1st Album.

- Tell us about the concept & the creation process of one of your latest works " "A World Of Sounds " released by Lost Frog Productions.

LINK: https://catdestroyer.bandcamp.com/album/a-world-of-sounds

A World Of Sounds was initially planned as an EP, but I had a strong motivation of make a bigger project than my previous releases, that motivation prompted me to create several tracks for the project, I wanted to propose the album with a great variety of musical styles, the creation of a world, the variety ranges from drum and bass to an experimental work of extratone with ambient noise.


After finishing my own tracks, I summoned artists to make remixes for the album, I have enormous gratitude to monoqlom, I never thought that monoqlom would agree to be in the project since the artist is a very strong influence on the creation of my music. It is definitely a project that I am very proud to have done.
 
- Tell us about the underground music scene in Nicaragua or in your zone, and which are your favorite artists from your country?

I don’t know if there are other artists in my country who do the same job as me. Sadly I would dare to say I am the only one here making experimental / noise or extreme electronic music.


- Any anecdote that you want to share with us in the creation of some track?

My track [Dark Experiment (In The Name Of Science)] was a rejected track for a compilation in a very important underground label, despite having liked the artist a lot in which I was inspired for the track, but thanks to the rejection I had the opportunity to be on Megatape Records, they accepted my track of his compilation [Internal Soundscapes] and they motivated me to create more Drum and Bass, which turned out to be the tracks on my album.

- Any news for 2021 in your music project or future collaborations?

 
Yes, I have several plans that I want to execute in the next year, I am currently organizing a Remix EP project of my track [Extreme Level Begins], I hope it will be released in February, also I have plans to do UNITY 3 (Unity is my series of collaborations) and other EP projects, I can promise you good content for the next year.

- Any other thing that you want to say to your listeners?

Yes, thank you very much for listen my music and noise, thanks! Without you I am nobody, I owe a lot to you for all the support that you have given me, I love you very much!
Many thanks for inviting me to the interview.

CAT DESTROYER APPEARANCES IN CIAN ORBE COMPILATIONS:

https://archive.org/search.php?query=cat+destroyer&&and[]=collection%3A%22cianorbe%22