Sunday, December 6, 2020

Interview to Insatiable Void (2020)

 INTERVIEW TO INSATIABLE VOID


https://soundcloud.com/insatiable-void

https://insatiablevoid.bandcamp.com

 https://www.facebook.com/InsatiableVoid/

 

In this time we make an interview to the dark electronic, industrial, witch house artist Insatiable Void from US.

- What is the meaning of Insatiable Void name?

The name Insatible Void has actually has a very personal meaning. I am autistic, but I didn't discover this until later in life. I always knew something was different about me, and it caused me great suffering for my whole life. Because of this I chose to self medicate. For 15 years I heavily used hard drugs and alcohol to try and fix what was wrong with me. Finally, after almost dying several times I decided to quit self medicating. During my recovery period I felt a gaping hole within my being that absolutely nothing would fill. I named this hole the Insatiable Void. I vowed that when I started to feel better I would create a band named Insatiable Void. Now I know why I am the way that I am, and have received proper care for my condition. However, the Insatiable Void will always be within me.

 

- Do you release music only under Insatiable Void name? do you have other active or past music projects or monikers?

I will only use the name Insatiable Void for any music or art project that I do for the forseeable future. I am Insatiable Void. That is who I am.

- Which are the concept behind your music, how you categorize your own work?  

I don't really have any specific concept. I just start playing, and whatever comes out is what I do. As for catagorization... Unclear, Just dark electronic in various forms.

 

- Favorite music genres?

Anything dark electronic. Industrial, EBM, Darkwave, Dark Ambient, Witch House, Ect.

 

- How you define the concept of darkness into your own sound? Why you choose create dark electronic music, and not other electronic more easy listening genres like techno, house, etc?

I have always enjoyed and identified with a dark asthetic. Horror movies, Dark imagery, occult and demonology writings. I'm not sure why, but I've always liked the darker stuff. That said, it was only natural for me to gravitate towards dark music for listening and creating.

- in what year did you start making music? which was your first band/project?

Hmmm, I've played around with trying to learn how to make music since high school... So, around 1996 or 97, but nothing serious. I started working on what would be Insatiable Void about 8 years ago. I made what I called practice tracks every once in a while up until about 2.5 years ago when I decided it was time to make it a serious hobby.

 

- Which inspiration you have from the place where you live? There's some inspiration from your country in your music?

There are plenty of good artists from USA, but my influence comes from artists from around the world. I've listened to dark electronic for about 25 years coming from many countries.

 

- Which are your favorite music projects and visual/plastic artists who inspire your work?

This is hard for me to answer. All of it gets jumbled together in my head. The first band to introduce me to the world of dark electronic was Skinny Puppy. The one visual artist that comes to mind as a favorite is H.R. Giger. So many artist inspire me as a collective though. No one artist I like inspires me more than another.

 

- How do you see the current Industrial / Witch House music scene?

I only really have access to what I am exposed to online. There are many talented artists making industrial and witch house. The sounds are evolving over time, sometimes very quickly. I'm always excited to hear what is coming next.

 

- Favorite Industrial and Witch House composers?

Gosh... Another very difficult question. I listen to so much, it's hard to keep track. I feel strange trying to name drop anyone specific. I like it all lol

 

- You are a very prolific artist, from where you find this continuos inspiration for create more and more content?

I don't think I'm THAT prolific. I would do much more if I had the time. I just really like creating sounds as an outlet. All I really do is sit down, start playing around with sounds, and whatever kind of song or noise that comes out is what I make. I rarely have any kind of direction when I start. I just wing it, and hope it turns out okay.

 

- Are you interested in the future of release your music in other labels/netlabels  apart of Cian Orbe/Witch Spectra? 

It depends. Anyone is free to release my music as long as they give me credit. I would never sign with a label that has any kind of restriction. I will always reserve the right to give away my music for free. I recently joined the WhyNo†!? RecordS collective. He asked me to join, and I like the group.

 

- Why you choose don't sell your music? Do you think in the future make some profit with your artistic work?

I strongly believe in the right to free art. I'm fine if others want to make money from making music, but that's just not me. My music will always be free. I make music because it's what I like to do, not because I want money.

 

- Do you make live performances? or you are interested in make it the future?

I have not yet performed live. It does seem like it would be fun though. I may do it in the future if anyone shows an interest in having me.

 


 

- You have an album series in your bandcamp called "Oldies, B​-​Sides, and Collaborations"

tell us about it. We have always seen that you love collaborations, which have been your favorites?

That collection is pretty self explanitory. It is a collection composed of tracks made before the first track currently posted on my soundcloud account, collaborations with friends I have made on soundcloud, and other tracks I just didn't feel like putting on a different album. My favorites are actually when you put out an acapella by Mist and I can write music to it :)

 

- Which is your favorite song or composition and album created by yourself?

REALLY hard one... I both hate and love everything I make.

 

- Tell us about the concept & the creation process of one of your latest works " "Wonders That Deceive The Elect" 

link: https://insatiablevoid.bandcamp.com/album/wonders-that-deceive-the-elect

This, in my opinion, is probably my sloppiest main album. I was going through a really hard time, and I just kind of slapped some tracks in to an album. I think there are some really good tracks on it, but I definitely rushed it to completion. The noise track in the middle "existence" is basically an audio version of my mind state during this period.

 

- Tell us about the underground music scene in Florida state, and if want tell us your favorite artists from your country?

I don't really know much about the local scene here. Due to my social anxiety, I don't talk to many people, or get out of the house much. There are a few local bands I have heard that are pretty good. One group, Batávia, has allowed me to remix one of their tracks. It isn't out yet though.

 

- Any anecdote that you want to share with us in the creation of some track?

The second track currently posted on my soundcloud is "Grandma's Haunted Porch". My favorite memories are spending halloween at my grandmothers house. She made a haunted porch with monster dummies sitting all around. I would wear a gorilla costume and sit in the middle of the dummies. When trick or treaters would come to visit, I would jump out and scare the crap out of them. Great times. Anyway, That song features samples from the cassette of halloween sounds that she would play every year.

 


- Any news for 2021 in your music project or future collaborations?

Will be a new long duration album and a new side album coming very soon! You can listen to my progress on Soundcloud. I have playlists for Future main albums, and Future side albums too.

 

- Any other thing that you want to say to your listeners?

Love you. Hope you like some of my tracks. I know that I post different styles, and you aren't going to like everything, but that's okay. I never expected anyone to listen to my music in the first place, so it's an honor to be recognised by my peers! Thanks to everyone :)

 

INSATIABLE VOID RELEASES IN WITCH SPECTRA/CIAN ORBE:

https://archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22Insatiable+Void%22