https://ourobonicplague.bandcamp.com/
https://ourobonicplague.mmm.page/
- What is the meaning and concept behind the name of your music project?
Ourobonic Plague is a term or phrase that just came to me out of nowhere, when I was thinking about names for some other project. It didn’t work for that thing but I couldn’t get it out of my head and eventually it became the name I used when I started dabbling with Garageband back in 2010 or so. I figured it indicates the nature of being stuck in a loop, the perils of failing to learn from the past.
- What equipment do you use to create music?
Ableton - so soft synths, samples and other random recordings I capture here and there - plus a Rucci maximal drone box and kaoss pads. Lately I've been experimenting with some basic Python scripts to do some weird stuff like generate a midi sequence based on an image.
- Tell us about your Biography as artist
Briefly… I started dabbling in an attempt to somehow combine what I was hearing in the early days of dubstep with epic drone like Sunn 0)))... it's not exactly what came out at the time… but then I heard Salem and Horse MacGyver and felt like the stuff I was doing fit into this new witch-house thing people were talking about. Over the years since then it's leaned in various new directions, like jungle or hip-hop, but the aim has more or less stayed the same: beats & drones for strange times.
- Which are your music / artistic Influences?
El-p, Dilla, Salem, Vex’d, The Bug, Nine Inch Nails. I get a lot of inspiration from people I've met over the years like Ivens, Diger Rokwell, Ylem, Consulate, and Strunkdts.
Also, less in music, but life and creativity in general: Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, PKD and RAW.
- Favorite EP/Album composed by you?
It's usually whatever's the newest thing, and I have heaps of not-yet-released stuff I think is better than anything out there so far… But I'm particularly proud of G.A: Eight - the finale of this series I've been doing the last 2 years. That drops October 30th and I feel like I stuck the landing on the series in general.
- Favorite music platforms? why?
Bandcamp. It feels more like an indie record store where you can try before you buy than any streaming service.
- Any funny anecdote in the composition of a track or album?
Nothing springs to mind, it's a pretty solitary experience for me… There is one song in my catalogue where I sampled my dog snoring?
- News for 2026/2027?
The Green Annex EP series is coming to an end, and I have a little puzzle involved that leads to a story that kind of provides a little more insight into what that series was all about. That's part of the single coming out called Lull.
After that series… I have a pretty good idea of what's coming next but I don't want to over explain it just yet. If you're interested it'll probably be best to follow on Bandcamp or YouTube rather than anywhere else.
- Any message to your listeners?
One thing: if you ever need a download for some reason and can't afford to pay please get in touch. Other than that, thanks for listening.



