https://jonpatch.bandcamp.com/
https://soundcloud.com/john-url-himself
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGtUlucijCFBoPf2gX9L_9A
https://www.instagram.com/_jonpatch_/
- What is the meaning and concept behind the name of your music project?
The name Jon Patch is very literally about synth patching, and my real name translates to John.
It is also a reference to Don Patch from the anime Bobobo.
- What equipment do you use to create music?
In the computer, I produce on FL Studio, with plugins and samples. I will shout out Klanghelm and Analog Obsession, for their cheap and DRM-free analog-modeled effects. I use MJUC and BritChannel all the time.
I also use the program VCV Rack, which is a free virtual modular synth.
Outside the PC, I record live tracks and generative sets on modular synth with a few other devices.
Some notorious parts of my sound are the Behringer Neutron semimodular, the Mutable Instruments Plaits, Rings and Clouds (monsoon style) modules, the Behringer Deep Mind synth and on occasion the Volca Modular. I also employ the Elektron Model:Samples for sample-based parts.
These are mixed and effected with an analog mixing desk and guitar pedals, like the MS70 CDR multi FX (highly reccomended), the Small Stone phaser, the JHS 3 series fuzz for a distortion send, and the RNLA compressor on the modular synth output.
I record these with the Zoom H5. I sometimes employ a microcassette dictaphone as a creative sampling device.
- tell us about your Biography as artist
I have had an interest in music and creativity since I was a kid. We always had music playing, and my father was a drummer.
I picked up the guitar as a teen, but I never joined any band. I would just improvise alone for hours. I eventually picked up Caustic 2 for Android, and would make music in the bus to high school.
I got into FL Studio right at the boom of american dubstep and EDM around 2014. I learned to produce in that genre by following tutorials by SeamlessR. Back then they were way more scarce, so he was a real MVP for putting the time into teaching the trade. Big shoutout.
I produced EDM music for 5 years under the alias Megatrix500. Eventually I was looking for a new creative direction. With a growing interest in live jamming with the Neutron synth, I discovered VCV Rack, and after a few minutes of using it my future as a generative ambient performer was sealed.
I took really well to the modular synth, after years of sound design using subtractive and FM synthesis, skills that translated well to modular. As such, some of my very first modular tracks were really liked by my friend Genís (aka Andiela), and him making remixes of those track flourished into creating our ambient and alternative netlabel, Nature Industries.
Our label was a big part of me being able to place myself within the Mental Tekno scene in France, since the first contributors to our discography were french tribe artists, many of them from the school of Cyclic Backwash (who, himself, contributed a couple tracks).
- which are your music / artistic Influences
The roots of my style are born from 70's-90's hard rock and metal. I also listened to Chemical Brother's Come with Us a lot.
During my teens, some notable influences were Different Heaven, Zomboy, and other EDM artists. However my friendship with Andiela kept me open to some underground rave music here and there.
Then as I moved on to ambient and tekno, I was influenced at first by Nick Batt's youtube jams, and also Constructions des Temps Modernes and Cyclic Backwash. I also became a big Led Zeppelin and Camel enjoyer. That influenced my production style to be a bit more "vintage".
Later on I spent some time in France with Eat Your Mind and that was very influential for my music.
- favorite EP/Album composed by you?
The Factory of Tribe is a good tribe/tekno candidate. Since it was supposed to be played live at a party, I had to level up my production game to new heights.
For dark ambient, a favourite choice could be the 18th Nature Industries release, AR-18 "This is one form of metaphysical Types of energy", under the "Cançons per a les Bruixes" alias.
Also my collection of generative livesets, I listen to them very often.
- favorite music platforms? why?
I really like Bandcamp, it is in my opinion the most sensible take on music commerce in the online era.
I have a soft spot for Soundcloud. Anyone can open up a channel and put their music out there. It is not perfect, but it's where i built my music social circle and presence.
- any funny anecdote in the composition of a track or album?
I don't know if the word is funny. Maybe just a beloved one by me.
My album "La Volta a la Gàl·lia" was composed at a point in which I felt stuck in life. A few years had transcurred that felt the exact same, during the mid 2020's and some of the 2010's. It was my set to perform at a party. I drove over 10 hours into southern France, with a months-old driving license, and a car as old as myself (27 at the time).
After I played at the party, I stayed for a few days at my friend Eat Your Mind's place. it was our first time meeting in person. The days turned into months, I briefly got a kitchen job there, and I found a space to grow as a person.
The album was very difficult to put together at a time of doubt and poor motivation. However it soaked my sadness and hope, and became my ticket of freedom.
- news for 2026/2027?
Look out for a new album of techno coming later this year under the alias Vulture Kult.
For next year, I will be playing at Eciton Gathering festival in France. It was cancelled this year sadly.
- any message to your listeners
I'm very thankful to every single person who has checked out my stuff, It gives life a little more meaning. Hope we will meet at a party. I invite anyone to download and share my music, it's free.



















